The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Conduit, neutral review by an owner, for the fans!(nutshell)

4 posters

Go down

The Conduit, neutral review by an owner, for the fans!(nutshell) Empty The Conduit, neutral review by an owner, for the fans!(nutshell)

Post by Shah2354 Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:37 pm

Well i was going to write an extensive, well written review, but my internet failed, killing all i had worked on. with that in mind, excuse the hasty-ness of this review
1) The Graphics. Nutshell, arguably the bes graphics outside of first party nintendo. all the areas looks and feel different than the last, thanks to the great graphics engine. it pulls of a multitude of effects, bloom, reflection, refraction, transparency, but, it seems at a cost. the frame rat isn't 60 frames per second as originally promised and does take big dips here and there. overall the graphics deliver with some minor issues that are hopefully fixed for The Grinder. 9/10
2) The Gameplay. The wii remote offers a great set up for first person shooters. you just point with your remote and walk with your nunchuk. It feels natural, makes traversing the world, and taking out enemies a breeze. No other game offer fully custom controls. The conduit can boast about that. No other game lest u customize controls in real time. Even better. I see no flaws here.However, the ase is really underused, and the little puzzles it opens could have made use of the remote. 9/10
3) The Story. I had a mini rant here, but i'm just going to condense it. It is an alien invasion at heart, but with all of the conspiracy, plot twists that i really didn't see coming, and good characters this is the weakest factor, but a good one at that. The characters needed more development, and many elements ARE cliche'. 8/10
4) The Guns. Again nutshell here.the human ones are all real weapons so no variety here. The drudge weapons are organic looking and sounding and take full advantage off the wii remote without being a gimmick. (hive cannon, shrieker) the trust weapons seem like believe-able sci fi weapons that make use of the wii remote. the hidden weapons are variants of existing ones, they're all cool, and i see why they cant be reloaded by ammo boxes. all in all, 10/10
5) The music. The conduit has a good score that makes you want to charge into battle. but when it gets quiet is my problem. they dont seem like real tracks to me, they seem like midi.no big deal, do you play a shooter for the music? 8/10
6) The online. This is the reason most of you bought the game right? well it sure does pay off. it has most of the standard modes the are stationary in fps'. the maps are clever, featuring areas in the sp converted for multi player. all the guns, apart from the hidden variants are here. its really easy to just log in and play. the model customizeation is really good to. the only problems are hackers and lag. hackers we knew would eventually come. lag just depends on your connection, so you can't really do anything about it. all things considered 9/10
In conclusion, the conduit delivers. it has great gameplay, guns and online play, with the story and musical score being the weakest factors. These are the ones i hope are improved for The Grinder or Conduit 2. My biggest complaint though, is that there is no split screen co-op or multiplayer. as much as i wanted to look past it, i really can't. all in all the conduit is THE wii fps, with some problems that hopefully will be fixed for sequel. i have to give it...uhh either 9/10 because they said before launch they wouldnt have non online multi, or 8.7 because they just don't.hmm pick either, but i'm going to go with 8.7 maybe someone could post an average? 8.7 or 9/10
Shah2354
Shah2354
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

The Conduit, neutral review by an owner, for the fans!(nutshell) Empty Re: The Conduit, neutral review by an owner, for the fans!(nutshell)

Post by snaredrums123 Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:25 am

You should space out each area of your review, because it is really hard to read one paragraph. good review though
snaredrums123
snaredrums123
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

The Conduit, neutral review by an owner, for the fans!(nutshell) Empty Re: The Conduit, neutral review by an owner, for the fans!(nutshell)

Post by Shah2354 Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:58 am

snaredrums123 wrote:You should space out each area of your review, because it is really hard to read one paragraph. good review though
again, ALL of my work was deleted. this was a rush job. but thanks though!
Shah2354
Shah2354
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by snaredrums123 Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:03 am

Shah2354 wrote:
snaredrums123 wrote:You should space out each area of your review, because it is really hard to read one paragraph. good review though

You should check out my review

Ninja gaiden 2 dark sword of chaos
snaredrums123
snaredrums123
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by Shah2354 Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:48 pm

snaredrums123 wrote:
Shah2354 wrote:

yah sure. i just wish our reviews had more views. i posted the first one for crying out loud!
Shah2354
Shah2354
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Shah2354 Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:48 pm

snaredrums123 wrote:
Shah2354 wrote:

yah sure. i just wish our reviews had more views. i posted the first one for crying out loud!
Shah2354
Shah2354
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:28 am

good review
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by NextGen247 Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:38 pm

The Conduit wasnt great but it was a step in the right direction. Took a while to get in online lobbys and some weapon sets were pretty cheap like explosive. I wish the game didnt use Nintendo WiFi because Nindendo WiFi requires friend codes and I hate friend codes
NextGen247
NextGen247
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by Shah2354 Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:34 pm

NextGen247 wrote:The Conduit wasnt great but it was a step in the right direction. Took a while to get in online lobbys and some weapon sets were pretty cheap like explosive. I wish the game didnt use Nintendo WiFi because Nindendo WiFi requires friend codes and I hate friend codes
true
Shah2354
Shah2354
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down