The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IGN review came out, and boy, did the reviewer fuck it up.

4 posters

Go down

IGN review came out, and boy, did the reviewer fuck it up. Empty IGN review came out, and boy, did the reviewer fuck it up.

Post by Permafry_42 Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:36 pm

Play it safe??? wtf! ODST played it safe, and yet it is some how better than NSMBWii, which has a longer campaign? wtf.
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

IGN review came out, and boy, did the reviewer fuck it up. Empty Re: IGN review came out, and boy, did the reviewer fuck it up.

Post by Ciflit Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:52 pm

It got a great review score, yet you still complain? Also, comparing a side-scrolling platformer to an fps is completely unfair.
Ciflit
Ciflit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

http://causeifeellikeit.newgrounds.com

Back to top Go down

IGN review came out, and boy, did the reviewer fuck it up. Empty Re: IGN review came out, and boy, did the reviewer fuck it up.

Post by Permafry_42 Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:03 pm

Ciflit wrote:It got a great review score, yet you still complain? Also, comparing a side-scrolling platformer to an fps is completely unfair.

then how about this:

The DS version of New Super Mario Bros. got a 9.5. the reviewer said, and i quote "I have no qualms with saying...(New Super Mario Bros. Wii) is a far better game than the Nintendo DS version, and it could easily be the finest Super Mario Bros. 2D platformer Nintendo's ever created." yet this game is only 8.9?
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciflit Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:09 pm

The original DS version of NSMB was extremely innovative and a new great idea while this is just a sequel with (almost) nothing new in it.
Ciflit
Ciflit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:13 pm

Ciflit wrote:The original DS version of NSMB was extremely innovative and a new great idea while this is just a sequel with (almost) nothing new in it.

oh yeah, local co-op is almost nothing... the new propeller suit and new freezing gameplay is almost nothing. IGN review came out, and boy, did the reviewer fuck it up. Original
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciflit Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:20 pm

3 things. That's not that much. Don't get me wrong though, I'm buying this game and I know it'll be fun, but IGN's review was fair.
Ciflit
Ciflit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:47 pm

Rule of thumb. IGN reviews aren't always reliable.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:48 pm

Ciflit wrote:3 things. That's not that much. Don't get me wrong though, I'm buying this game and I know it'll be fun, but IGN's review was fair.

whatever... i judge a game mostly on what i think of it, and not what critics think of it.

anyways, the point i was trying to make before is that the reviewer is being a hypocrite for saying:

"I really, really like New Super Mario Bros. Wii. I have no qualms with saying this is a far better game than the Nintendo DS version, and it could easily be the finest Super Mario Bros. 2D platformer Nintendo's ever created. You should absolutely get a copy, no question."

While at the same time giving the game a 8.9/10. That's all. if he weren't praising the game while at the same time saying it is "a step backwards", i wouldn't really care about the review.
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciflit Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:51 pm

He's saying it's a great game, gave it a great review score, but what stopped it from being amazing is innovation. It's not hypocrisy in the slightest.
Ciflit
Ciflit
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by YGT Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:16 pm

an 8.9 is still a great score
YGT
YGT
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down