The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BlazBlue Calamity Trigger review

4 posters

Go down

BlazBlue Calamity Trigger review Empty BlazBlue Calamity Trigger review

Post by NoelX2 Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:10 am

Originally from The Xbox Republic on 10-27-09.

BlazBlue is a 2D fighting game made by Arc System Works. I never heard of it until I saw a video called Top 10 fighting games by Gametrailers. Although it wasn't in the top 10 ( it wasn't released yet ) it was briefly mentioned. I got the limited edition of the game ( it includes 3 extra discs ) and started playing it. So here is the review.

BlazBlue Calamity Trigger review Blazbl10

Graphics - The graphics are amazing. Even though that the game is 2D, there are some 3D stuff during the beginning of the match. It shows some spectacular scenery before the match starts. Now the 2D stuff. The sprites are beautiful and the backgrounds are great. However the game is in HD and some stuff are cut off when you have a non HD TV and when played online, the 3D stuff lags a little bit.

Gameplay - The gameplay is just like any other fighting game today. You fight for how many rounds you selected. There are 6 buttons. A, B, C, D, Grab, and Taunt. If you like playing with the D-Pad on the Xbox 360 version, well its not that good. There is the cheat button or whatever it is that allows you to do some moves without the button combination. You have a super meter that allows you to do super moves or Distortion Drives. They are great. There is also an Astral Heat that allows you to do finishers when the opponent's health is 20% and you must win all of you're rounds except for 1. There is also a Barrier Gauge that does a block that is indestructible. There is also a Barrier Burst that does a burst. If you do it, you can't do Barrier Gauge until the next round. There are lots of modes in BlazBlue. Arcade, Score Attack, Story, Versus, Training, and Online. In online, when you pick a player match, you go in a group. There can be up to 6 people. The host gets to choose who gets to fight who. In ranked, you just search for a match. The character selection is small but have different abilities. There are 12 characters.

Story - I don't remember it all but I know it was great.

Music - The music is great. The music is by Daisuke Ishiwatari. It has a metal soundtrack with some SoulCalibur related music. Awesome. It kinda disappoints me that there are some music that i don't like but the music is still awesome. There is a soundtrack in the limited edition.

Overall - It it a great game. Fighting fans, buy it. Other people, buy it. The best fighting game of this generation ( IMO ).

Graphics - 9.7
Gameplay - 10
Story - 9.3
Music - 9.0
Overall - 9.5 (Not an average)
NoelX2
NoelX2
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

BlazBlue Calamity Trigger review Empty Re: BlazBlue Calamity Trigger review

Post by TheRighteousFascist Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:17 am

I keep hearing about how great this game is. I liked Guilty Gear, but I always found Street Fighter to be a better series.

I'll check this out once the game releases start wearing thin (which will probably not happen this year).
TheRighteousFascist
TheRighteousFascist
SNES
SNES

http://www.playstationuniversity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by I_am_ainz Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:22 am

i have been waiting for this game for age! it wont bet better than ST4 but its definately a gotta get 4me.
I_am_ainz
I_am_ainz
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by NoelX2 Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:36 pm

I_am_ainz wrote:i have been waiting for this game for age! it wont bet better than ST4 but its definately a gotta get 4me.
Well IMO it is better than Street Fighter 4. I didn't like Street Fighter IV that much.
NoelX2
NoelX2
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilMrChicken Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:55 pm

I bet anything is better than street fighter IV, the moves are freakin hard to pull off, I really suck at the game...nuff said
EvilMrChicken
EvilMrChicken
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by NoelX2 Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:48 pm

EvilMrChicken wrote:I bet anything is better than street fighter IV, the moves are freakin hard to pull off, I really suck at the game...nuff said
QFT. It is like the Modern Warfare 2 of fighting games...alot of noobs with poor controls. I suck at it too. Not BlazBlue or any other fighting game besides Street Fighter IV.
NoelX2
NoelX2
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down