The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think Halo ODST is a good idea?

+12
boricua
NextGen247
itsBarbz
Ocelot-7
FaytSaratome
MetaSmashBro
Gyoza
Psp1000Fanboy
AtomicMetroid
Shokio
Darrien
Vorox2400
16 posters

Go down

Do you think Halo ODST is a good idea? Empty Do you think Halo ODST is a good idea?

Post by Vorox2400 Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:43 pm

I think it's a good idea that they're exploring more of the halo world and not just sticking with Master chief
Vorox2400
Vorox2400
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

https://www.youtube.com/

Back to top Go down

Do you think Halo ODST is a good idea? Empty Re: Do you think Halo ODST is a good idea?

Post by Darrien Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:51 pm

I do but i wish they kept it as it was an expansion you were gonna download

Last edited by Darrien on Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darrien
Darrien
GameCube
GameCube

https://www.youtube.com/user/DarrienPeterson

Back to top Go down

Do you think Halo ODST is a good idea? Empty Re: Do you think Halo ODST is a good idea?

Post by Shokio Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:04 pm

I don't mind them making more Halo games, but I just feel that ODST doesnt deserves a full $60 price tag.
Shokio
Shokio
Admin
Admin

https://thewiinetwork.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by AtomicMetroid Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:00 pm

I think its a good idea because it gives more of a backstory in the Halo storyline making it more in depth as to what caused the events of Halo 3.
AtomicMetroid
AtomicMetroid
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Psp1000Fanboy Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:04 pm

Shokio wrote:I don't mind them making more Halo games, but I just feel that ODST doesnt deserves a full $60 price tag.

Well you have to wait to the game comes out before you judge it.

Psp1000Fanboy
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:56 pm

If it's a branch off yeah, sure new options and stuff are awesome but the price is to much for a side story.
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaSmashBro Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:34 pm

It looks like a retarded version of Metroid Prime in ways. (Visor!?!?)
Master Chief didn't have a special visor. How do the Marines have one?
And I was told that they have Halo books. There's your backstory.
$60 isn't worth it. Maybe $40.
MetaSmashBro
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:01 pm

I'll like it better then Halo.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vorox2400 Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:56 pm

just wait and see
Vorox2400
Vorox2400
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

https://www.youtube.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ocelot-7 Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:26 pm

the xbox 360 get alot of money from halo games ( halo 3, halo wars and now halo:odst) they cant depend on the halo franchise any longer , but i think its gonna be a good game
Ocelot-7
Ocelot-7
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by itsBarbz Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:20 pm

I agree with Shokio.
itsBarbz
itsBarbz
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

http://www.itsBarbz.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by NextGen247 Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:46 pm

I think it will be the same as Halo 3 only with different story line and maps.....Im still gonna get it though
NextGen247
NextGen247
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by boricua Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:35 pm

i agree with metasmashbro
boricua
boricua
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by ElkinFencer10 Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:39 pm

Here's my opinion, and I'm sure I'll get bashed for it, but oh well.

Let it die. The Halo series redefined the entire FPS genre in a way so dynamic that only Goldeneye and Wolfenstein 3D have been more influential. Halo has one of the best single player FPS campaigns I've ever played, and Halo 2 has THE best multiplayer I've ever played. My friends and I were all disappointed by Halo 3; we all thought it was an excellent game, but it didn't live up to the standards set by Halo and Halo 2 in our opinions. I'm afraid ODST will just be an even bigger disappointment. Look at Mario games; Mario games that didn't have Mario as the main character were (in most cases) disappointing; a Halo game without the Master Chief as the main character will likely end up similarly.

My point is that Halo was a GREAT series, but Halo 3 didn't quite live up the first two; let the series die a good death while it's still hugely successful and unparralleled in popularity. Microsoft shouldn't try to add on to it; if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Halo 3 ain't broke.
ElkinFencer10
ElkinFencer10
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

http://elkinfencer10.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by malcbear Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:22 am

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Here's my opinion, and I'm sure I'll get bashed for it, but oh well.

Let it die. The Halo series redefined the entire FPS genre in a way so dynamic that only Goldeneye and Wolfenstein 3D have been more influential. Halo has one of the best single player FPS campaigns I've ever played, and Halo 2 has THE best multiplayer I've ever played. My friends and I were all disappointed by Halo 3; we all thought it was an excellent game, but it didn't live up to the standards set by Halo and Halo 2 in our opinions. I'm afraid ODST will just be an even bigger disappointment. Look at Mario games; Mario games that didn't have Mario as the main character were (in most cases) disappointing; a Halo game without the Master Chief as the main character will likely end up similarly.

My point is that Halo was a GREAT series, but Halo 3 didn't quite live up the first two; let the series die a good death while it's still hugely successful and unparralleled in popularity. Microsoft shouldn't try to add on to it; if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Halo 3 ain't broke.

?? Why would you think you would get bashed for this??

It's ok to like halo, it's not ok to say that everyone should like it then, that's all a matter of preference. For example, i've played the campaign to halo 2 and never saw it near as good as half-life, but that's just me. I'm with you on halo 3, not as good as halo 2.
malcbear
malcbear
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Camo Junky Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:55 pm

One word (or is it two?) FIREFIGHT!
Camo Junky
Camo Junky
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by NextGen247 Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:47 pm

well its good for the people who do not own halo 3 because it comes with Halo 3 multiplayer
NextGen247
NextGen247
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaSmashBro Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:52 pm

Camo Junky wrote:One word (or is it two?) FIREFIGHT!
Ever since Epic Studios brought out Horde, it seems that EVERY DAMN GAME HAS TO HAVE IT!
Firefight is endless. You'll never feel that "completed" feeling to it.
Nazi Zombies is the only thing that my XBL friends play on WaW.
Modern Warfare 2 is suppose to have some sort of Horde+Terrorist Hunt (Rainbow Six) feel. That might be ok.

I just perfer Horde. It's epic on Hardcore and Insane. There's a lot of teamwork involved. In Firefight, just pull off a 4-shot and you'll be fine.

I hate copiers.
MetaSmashBro
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by ElkinFencer10 Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:42 am

NextGen247 wrote:well its good for the people who do not own halo 3 because it comes with Halo 3 multiplayer
Then why wouldn't they just buy Halo 3 and get a less-shitty campaign with the same multiplayer? I'm sure ODST and Halo 3 aren't that different in price; Halo 3 is probably cheaper used by this point.
ElkinFencer10
ElkinFencer10
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

http://elkinfencer10.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:37 pm

the ai is probably stil lbad but no one plays it or campain its all about multipalyer. and they odst guys probly are the same as master chief
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down