The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The extra frustration worth the extra fun? NSMBWii review!

3 posters

Go down

The extra frustration worth the extra fun? NSMBWii review! Empty The extra frustration worth the extra fun? NSMBWii review!

Post by SoaringDive Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:16 pm

Alright, my first review, so don't try killing me if it sucks.

As we all know, the next instalment of Super Mario Bros came out yesterday, and we finally have simultaneous multiplayer, gone are the days of taking turns! But is the extra frustration worth the extra fun?

Graphics: B+. Of course, it's 2D Mario meaning it will be pleasant to watch, but not proving much of the Wii's power. Which works great! A lot of effects are amazing! You know those giant things that crash down on you that have spikes? The lighting for those are freaking amazing. A lot of backgrounds are reused.

Music: A-. Much greater than the DS game. The remixes are almost 100 times better than the original song (exageration), and the new music is just awesome. The music in this game is

Gameplay: A+. You are given the option to play Galaxy style, with the Nunchuck + WiiMote, or NES style, your WiiMote being horizontal. Both are very great and I suggest you try out both. New Super Mario Bros. Wii is harder than Super Mario World, but not as hard as Super Mario Bros. 3.

Multiplayer: A+. While most people find it frustrating, the whole experience gets 3 times more fun. You can chose to either cooperate or work against eachother. When you die in multiplayer, you get regenerated in a bubble. While in the bubble you can shack the WiiMote and you will home in on the closest player. You can only get out of the bubble if you are popped/touched by another player, or fire/ice ball, or koopashell. If everyone is in a bubble at the same time, you lose and have to restart the level. When you run out of lives, you won't regenerate. You'll have to wait until the level is over (completed or lost) and you'll get 5 more lives, and you will also have a number of continues that will increase everytime you run out.

There are 3 new power ups, as well as a few returning ones. Obviously, the Super Mushroom, Fire Flower, and Starman are returning, as well as the Mini Mushroom from New Super Mario Bros for the DS. The new power ups are a Propeller suit, which lets you fly instantly to the sky and slowly drift back down - unless you press down which you will tornado downwards-, an Ice Flower, which is similar to the Fire Flower except you freeze enemies into blocks and then you can pick them up and throw them, and last but not least, is the Penguin Suit, which is an upgraded version of Ice Flower, giving you better swimming, the ability to slid on ice on your stomach, and you slip less when running on ice.

Cons:
-Not able to save replays of levels
-No DLC support
-No kuribo's shoe

Overall: A+
This game is a must have for any Wii owner, perfect for single player, perfect for multiplayer, and it even comes in an awesome red box..

Last edited by soaringdive on Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

The extra frustration worth the extra fun? NSMBWii review! Empty Re: The extra frustration worth the extra fun? NSMBWii review!

Post by nintendorocks Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:43 am

i really want it
nintendorocks
nintendorocks
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

The extra frustration worth the extra fun? NSMBWii review! Empty Re: The extra frustration worth the extra fun? NSMBWii review!

Post by NextGen247 Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:33 am

How long is it? My friend said him and his mom beat in 3 hours
NextGen247
NextGen247
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by SoaringDive Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:19 pm

NextGen247 wrote:How long is it? My friend said him and his mom beat in 3 hours
He would have had to use the warps to beat it in 3 hours, or rush through really fast, especially on 2 player with his mom. It'll take 4 -10 hours to complete the main part on singleplayer, you then have to go back and get all the star coins which takes 3-12 hours, then do *SPOILERS*

World 9. Each levels in the world you must get every star coin for that corresponding world. So to get level 1 of World 9, you need to get all star coins in world 1, etc. That'll take 1-3 hours.

*END SPOILERS.*
So that should be 7-22 hours, depending on your skill level and how many players you have.
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by SoaringDive Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:32 pm

I just changed the review up a bit, now instead of using the 10 scale, it uses the 5 scale but with letters A, B, C, D, and F. I also changed a few ratings and some details.
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down