The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

everything IGN nintendo said on the nintendo podcast this week (worst podcast ever)

+7
MetaSmashBro
SpaniardGamer
darkwingdragon709
Prophet6000
Kamina#1
Jade789119
sikokiller
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

everything IGN nintendo said on the nintendo podcast this week (worst podcast ever) - Page 2 Empty Re: everything IGN nintendo said on the nintendo podcast this week (worst podcast ever)

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:30 pm

For those who want a place outside of IGN, try Nintendo Life. That way, you can get nonbias, information on Wii games, WiiWare, games, Virtual Console games, and DSiWare games without delay and there own article actually makes sense and are worth reading. The forum is also great. I recommend it: www.nintendolife.com

And yes, I hate IGN now. I am one step away from leaving the site once and for all. Quite litterally.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

everything IGN nintendo said on the nintendo podcast this week (worst podcast ever) - Page 2 Empty Re: everything IGN nintendo said on the nintendo podcast this week (worst podcast ever)

Post by sikokiller Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:07 pm

Static man2 wrote:ok im not going to waste all my time reading ur comments but it hought this podcast was one of the best , they made some many great points and by hating them makes u fanboys. calm down people. and with the achivments thing if u say u dont need them now just wait till u get them. i thought they were dumb but once u start to get them u will want more.

ive owned a ps3 for months now, and i still don't care for trophy's... i just want to play games, beat them and thats it... its not like i will have a wow factor.
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:55 pm

i know i want ps3 i got a 360 and wii and my gamer score is some where between 0- 1000 or i donno lol
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:18 am

Static man2 wrote:ok im not going to waste all my time reading ur comments but it hought this podcast was one of the best , they made some many great points and by hating them makes u fanboys. calm down people. and with the achivments thing if u say u dont need them now just wait till u get them. i thought they were dumb but once u start to get them u will want more.

Getting an accumulation of arbitrary points isn't something I would call fun. There are already Wii games out there with achievements and it really detracts from the sense of immersion. I already played through Metroid Prime 3 with it and I already like it. The sad part is that it is only meant to act as a means to obtain unlockable content. Which kind of pisses me off.

As for New Super Mario Bros. Wii, from the Giantbomb quicklook, I got a pretty srong impression that it was a fun game.
http://www.giantbomb.com/new-super-mario-bros-wii/61-26841/reviews/
While I don't feel like I need the game right away, I will most likely pick up the game sometime in the future.

As for stories in video games, I generally will tell you that they are overrated for the most part. With the death of adventure games, the direction of strong story telling lost its edge. There are only a few games out there that make a strong delivery on story driven games such as the early Monkey Island games and Grim Fandango.

IGN was never a really good site. The staff try to be cool when it just fails to be that and looking lame. In the end, I would rather spend my time at other sites than really IGN.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by MetaSmashBro Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:25 pm

Truthfully, the only reason I play some of my Xbox games is to help a friend with achievements or to get an achievement myself. Achievements shouldn't have to motivate you to play a game. It should be an incentive.

And I think that all Xbox Achievements should be worth 0 Gamerscore. Having a bunch of Gamerscore makes you look gay, truth be told.
MetaSmashBro
MetaSmashBro
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by nintendorocks Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:53 pm

ign are just another biased game site that like to wank over hd games and to them i say piss off and stop being a biased arsehole wii is awesome
nintendorocks
nintendorocks
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2