The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LIttleBigPlanet Review

Go down

LIttleBigPlanet Review Empty LIttleBigPlanet Review

Post by Mark_Chaos Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:41 pm

Before you start reading, I'll be giving my review scores like 1UP, the A+ though F system.

Onto the review:

LittleBigPlanet is the name of the game out on the PS3 since Nov 2008 (and the GOTY edition Sept 2009). LittleBigPlanet has a very simple 2.5D gameplay, you move left and right, and, forward and backward. The jump button in the game is kinda of annoying when Sackboy (the character) jump to the higher layer and you didn't want him to do it. The R1 button is to grab things, the square button brings up the popit (explain later in the review), O to cancel the popit and start menu, R2 and L2 make your Sackboy moves his hands and arms, and the D-pad to change the expression of your Sackboy.

When in your pod, you have 3 orb objects: the Earth {for story mode, quick-play (online only), community levels (online only), and PSN store (depends if you downloaded from there)}, the Moon (where you can create your own levels), and the Sphere (online only). In story mode you play though 9 different areas each with 8 having 3 main levels and 3 to 5 challenge levels, and the last area with 4 levels and 5 challenge levels. When playing in these levels you can obtain various costume parts, stickers, and objects (for creating your own level only). Each level has a Complete (beat the level), Ace (beat the level w/o dying, doesn't count for survival areas though), and Gifts (collect all objects in the level, however requires the help of 2 to 4 players).

When creating a level, you must create things that you got from materials, objects, etc. When done with the level you can put it up on the internet if you are a PSN member. You can also create you own costumes using stickers and costumes pieces. Sadly, there is a down side of this game, you need more that 1 player to get all objects in all the story levels. I hope you have online or friends near by.

Even though a great game in my opinion suffers from multiple-players that is required.

My score: A-

Coming Soon: My Conduit Review followed by Super Mario Galaxy review.
Mark_Chaos
Mark_Chaos
N64
N64

https://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down