The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What can Nintendo do beyond motion controls?

+25
Phi1Pill
SpaniardGamer
BlackSabbath370
nintendorocks
Permafry_42
sulley
Super Smash Bros. Fan
ElkinFencer10
(pure)mike
Camo Junky
ByakuganAlex
Gyoza
Diante
Moshter
Taarec10
ArielXY
Jade789119
sikokiller
Shah2354
FaytSaratome
- mojo -
Invaderzzim
Darrien
Shokio
004Seven91
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What can Nintendo do beyond motion controls? Empty What can Nintendo do beyond motion controls?

Post by 004Seven91 Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:46 pm

We all know that Nintendo are known as innovators of consoles, controllers and gameplay.

NES: D-Pad
SNES: L and R Buttons
Gameboy
N64: Analog Stick
Gamecube: Wireless Controllers (I don't know if they were the first to thought of it, correct me if I'm wrong)
DS: Touch-screen
Wii: Motion Controls

When Nintendo made these control schemes, companies like Sony, Microsoft, SEGA and others adopted it. Nintendo is the first to innovate these things even today w/ Sony and Microsoft adopting motion controls for their consoles. My question is, what can Nintendo beyond motion controls? What new innovative gameplay will they bring out for the next generation?

Thoughts.
004Seven91
004Seven91
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

What can Nintendo do beyond motion controls? Empty Re: What can Nintendo do beyond motion controls?

Post by Shokio Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:46 pm

Hmm.....controlling things on screen with your mind. Miyamoto and Iwata said something like that in interviews before.
Shokio
Shokio
Admin
Admin

https://thewiinetwork.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

What can Nintendo do beyond motion controls? Empty Re: What can Nintendo do beyond motion controls?

Post by Darrien Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:50 pm

VIRTUAL REALITY!!!
Darrien
Darrien
GameCube
GameCube

https://www.youtube.com/user/DarrienPeterson

Back to top Go down

Post by Invaderzzim Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:58 pm

Nintendo didn't invent the D-pad, the L and R buttons, the analog stick, or wireless controllers. However, they invented the gameboy, the touch screen, and the motion controls...AND the cameras...which you forgot about in the DSi. No portable game has had cameras before...although i suppose it's like the eye toy on PS. Wii motion plus is the best motion they have right now...and it compares very well with project natal and the PS3 motion crap. I do not believe nintendo will copy project natal or PS3 in any way. Judging by the past, Nintendo has always surprised us. They won't just copy other technology, they'll come up with something so crazy and different that no one would ever have thought of. NOBODY could have predicted the DS, the Wii, or the DSi. So we certainly can't predict what's next. =P

Invaderzzim
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by - mojo - Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:51 am

Next Step For Nintendo Will Probably Be 3D Or Holograms!
- mojo -
- mojo -
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:59 am

VR is the only step pass motion controls. Nothing is in the middle. Without VR we wont have an 8th generation of consoles.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Shah2354 Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:47 am

does it really matter? Mad as long as they deliver solid games i don't care what innovation they bring
Shah2354
Shah2354
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:54 am

controlling he game with your mind? that will be sweet... nintendo has always been about expanding the audience since the nes days
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:59 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw&feature=channel_page

this would probably be it looks great
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by ArielXY Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:18 pm

I don't think it can do much unless its going to become another Natal. lol
ArielXY
ArielXY
GameBoy
GameBoy

https://www.youtube.com/user/ArielXY

Back to top Go down

Post by Taarec10 Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:59 pm

Sony was the first with a camera, in 2004 with the PS3 Eye.
Taarec10
Taarec10
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Moshter Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:48 pm

Invaderzzim wrote:Nintendo didn't invent the D-pad, the L and R buttons, the analog stick, or wireless controllers. However, they invented the gameboy, the touch screen, and the motion controls...AND the cameras...which you forgot about in the DSi. No portable game has had cameras before...although i suppose it's like the eye toy on PS. Wii motion plus is the best motion they have right now...and it compares very well with project natal and the PS3 motion crap. I do not believe nintendo will copy project natal or PS3 in any way. Judging by the past, Nintendo has always surprised us. They won't just copy other technology, they'll come up with something so crazy and different that no one would ever have thought of. NOBODY could have predicted the DS, the Wii, or the DSi. So we certainly can't predict what's next. =P
Actually, they're the first company who had a controller with an analog stick, which was for the N64. The PS1 didn't originally have analog sticks, Sony released the ones with analog sticks (DualShock Controllers) after the N64 came out.

Moshter
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Diante Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:03 pm

u guys r crazy, idk if you remember but nintendo did come up with the camera on a system. because i remember having a gameboy color( im pretty sure) and it had a camera on it that was black with a black and white ball at the top. here is a link tht has a picture

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c8/Gameboycamera.png

but anyways i could see VR coming up next w/ nintendo, but not holograms, it would need some kind of special tv.
Diante
Diante
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyoza Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:04 pm

ArielXY wrote:I don't think it can do much unless its going to become another Natal. lol

Nintendo used Johnny Lee for making the Wii-mote work. Microsoft wanted a version of that but better ( the failed ).
Gyoza
Gyoza
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:12 am

wii motion plus might be in the right direction but again motion. I think the real 3d would be insane but little more moving makes the nunchuk have to do less and soon wii will be analog free?
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Invaderzzim Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:24 pm

Moshter wrote:
Invaderzzim wrote:Nintendo didn't invent the D-pad, the L and R buttons, the analog stick, or wireless controllers. However, they invented the gameboy, the touch screen, and the motion controls...AND the cameras...which you forgot about in the DSi. No portable game has had cameras before...although i suppose it's like the eye toy on PS. Wii motion plus is the best motion they have right now...and it compares very well with project natal and the PS3 motion crap. I do not believe nintendo will copy project natal or PS3 in any way. Judging by the past, Nintendo has always surprised us. They won't just copy other technology, they'll come up with something so crazy and different that no one would ever have thought of. NOBODY could have predicted the DS, the Wii, or the DSi. So we certainly can't predict what's next. =P
Actually, they're the first company who had a controller with an analog stick, which was for the N64. The PS1 didn't originally have analog sticks, Sony released the ones with analog sticks (DualShock Controllers) after the N64 came out.

But they had analog stick type things in arcades before that, didn't they?

Invaderzzim
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by ByakuganAlex Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:00 pm

well they have I vitality sensor.
ByakuganAlex
ByakuganAlex
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Camo Junky Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:47 am

Shokio wrote:Hmm.....controlling things on screen with your mind. Miyamoto and Iwata said something like that in interviews before.

Lolz that would be the best video gaming breakthrough ever!
Camo Junky
Camo Junky
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by (pure)mike Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:56 am

Taarec10 wrote:Sony was the first with a camera, in 2004 with the PS3 Eye.
wat bout ps2 and the eyetoy-
(pure)mike
(pure)mike
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaratome Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Shokio wrote:Hmm.....controlling things on screen with your mind. Miyamoto and Iwata said something like that in interviews before.
That could give major headaches up the ass. I'll stick to controlling games with a controller.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by ElkinFencer10 Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:49 pm

There were wireless controllers for the NES. They were called "RemoteController" and used IR.
ElkinFencer10
ElkinFencer10
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

http://elkinfencer10.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Invaderzzim Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:52 pm

ElkinFencer10 wrote:There were wireless controllers for the NES. They were called "RemoteController" and used IR.

Interesting...I never thought of remote controls for TV's like that as wireless technology. I guess it qualifies...

Invaderzzim
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:21 pm

I have a great idea. Nintendo can take gaming to 4-D! It'll be revolutionary and a way to bring back the core gamers, not to mention if the system is powerful enough, the day of sub-par ports will end.

Crazy idea, but hey, nobody thought 3-D was possible until Nintendo proved it wrong.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by sikokiller Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:16 am

VIRTUAL RELALITY
sikokiller
sikokiller
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by sulley Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:18 am

a portable console called the gizmondo had a camera before the DSI.although it was a failure.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gizmondo
sulley
sulley
NES
NES

https://www.youtube.com/user/sulley1993

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next