The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What can Nintendo do beyond motion controls?

+25
Phi1Pill
SpaniardGamer
BlackSabbath370
nintendorocks
Permafry_42
sulley
Super Smash Bros. Fan
ElkinFencer10
(pure)mike
Camo Junky
ByakuganAlex
Gyoza
Diante
Moshter
Taarec10
ArielXY
Jade789119
sikokiller
Shah2354
FaytSaratome
- mojo -
Invaderzzim
Darrien
Shokio
004Seven91
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What can Nintendo do beyond motion controls? - Page 2 Empty Re: What can Nintendo do beyond motion controls?

Post by FaytSaratome Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:20 am

sulley wrote:
Invaderzzim wrote:Nintendo didn't invent the D-pad, the L and R buttons, the analog stick, or wireless controllers. However, they invented the gameboy, the touch screen, and the motion controls...AND the cameras...which you forgot about in the DSi. No portable game has had cameras before...although i suppose it's like the eye toy on PS. Wii motion plus is the best motion they have right now...and it compares very well with project natal and the PS3 motion crap. I do not believe nintendo will copy project natal or PS3 in any way. Judging by the past, Nintendo has always surprised us. They won't just copy other technology, they'll come up with something so crazy and different that no one would ever have thought of. NOBODY could have predicted the DS, the Wii, or the DSi. So we certainly can't predict what's next. =P

a portable console called the gizmondo had a camera before the DSI.although it was a failure.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gizmondo
Gunpei did update the design to how it is today though.
FaytSaratome
FaytSaratome
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

What can Nintendo do beyond motion controls? - Page 2 Empty Re: What can Nintendo do beyond motion controls?

Post by Permafry_42 Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:23 am

3d hand-held making use of 2 screens?
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by nintendorocks Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:11 am

Gyoza wrote:
ArielXY wrote:I don't think it can do much unless its going to become another Natal. lol

Nintendo used Johnny Lee for making the Wii-mote work. Microsoft wanted a version of that but better ( the failed ).
i think people look stupid while playing natal
nintendorocks
nintendorocks
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackSabbath370 Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:16 pm

i see nintendo incorporating 3D in the next console, maybe have gloves for controllers and have the image pop out of the screen, depending on how far away from the screen you are, when you 'touch' objects, the gloves have sensors in them for this to be possible? Maybe? Lots of engineering would have to go into the glasses you have to wear, its completely possible
BlackSabbath370
BlackSabbath370
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrien Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:31 pm

VIRTUAL REALITY GAMING LOL Very Happy
Darrien
Darrien
GameCube
GameCube

https://www.youtube.com/user/DarrienPeterson

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaniardGamer Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:41 pm

Darrien wrote:VIRTUAL REALITY GAMING LOL Very Happy
So now we can see virtual boobs, whoopee
SpaniardGamer
SpaniardGamer
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/SpaniardGamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi1Pill Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:04 pm

Controlling video games with your mind? FPS's would be hard for me. I have a slowish reaction time. One second I'll be walking, the next I'll be dead.
Phi1Pill
Phi1Pill
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:54 am

advanced version of wii mote and nunchuck i dont know if they will change controls all that much as i cant think of a single thing that wouldnt be far fetched i think they would focus more on the console its self next gen like super nes kinda
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:42 pm

I'm actually surprise nobody bothered to read my comment above.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by SoaringDive Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:06 pm

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:I'm actually surprise nobody bothered to read my comment above.

*sigh* the 4th dimension is time. The only thing you need to do is make it so your real life time affected the gameplay and story.
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Baka Kitsune Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:16 pm

Nintendo didn't create any new tech at all. The analog stick was in arcades, the D-pad has been on consoles way before nintendo, motion controls were there before the Wii (PS2 Eye Toy, the PSP also has a camera (Japan only)). Wireless controllers may have been N64....not sure. Also, PC, 360, and PS3 already support 3D games. You just have to have a 3D TV and a game that allows it. That Avatar game for example lets you play in 3D.

Baka Kitsune
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Permafry_42 Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:26 pm

Baka Kitsune wrote:Nintendo didn't create any new tech at all. The analog stick was in arcades, the D-pad has been on consoles way before nintendo, motion controls were there before the Wii (PS2 Eye Toy, the PSP also has a camera (Japan only)). Wireless controllers may have been N64....not sure. Also, PC, 360, and PS3 already support 3D games. You just have to have a 3D TV and a game that allows it. That Avatar game for example lets you play in 3D.

2 words: shoulder buttons.
Permafry_42
Permafry_42
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by RisingBlackSun Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:51 am

Baka Kitsune wrote:Nintendo didn't create any new tech at all. The analog stick was in arcades, the D-pad has been on consoles way before nintendo, motion controls were there before the Wii (PS2 Eye Toy, the PSP also has a camera (Japan only)). Wireless controllers may have been N64....not sure. Also, PC, 360, and PS3 already support 3D games. You just have to have a 3D TV and a game that allows it. That Avatar game for example lets you play in 3D.
The joystick is what's in arcades. The analog thumbstick is completley different and the N64 was the first to use that. The NES was the first console to have a D-Pad and caused it to become mainstream. The Wii is the first system to have motion controls as it's main form of controller. And by 3D, they mean a 3-dimensional world, Super Mario 64 for example as opposed to Super Mario World.
RisingBlackSun
RisingBlackSun
GameBoy
GameBoy

https://www.youtube.com/user/RizingBlackSun

Back to top Go down

Post by LightyKD Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:33 am

This is what Nintendo could do next