The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CONTRA REBIRTH REVIEW

Go down

CONTRA REBIRTH REVIEW Empty CONTRA REBIRTH REVIEW

Post by trago Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:15 pm

hello everyone, trago here to tell you about contra rebirth for wiiware.

DESIGN:The basic design of contra rebirth comes down to run 'n guning, in a good way. You go from point A to point B while trying to make it in one piece. You get power-ups like the classic spreader, and a homing missile launcher, and others i wont spoil. This is a one hit kill game, and this can be good or bad, its good for testing your gaming abillities, but bad if you're new to the series. I cant tell you how many times i was pwning enemies mid-lvl and get a cheap shot from a small weak enemy. which brings me to my next point. There are so many enemies in some lvls that it would seem easy to handle mid-lvl, but once you are hit, you downgrade to your standard machine gun. And with so many enemies on the screen, the only thing left to do is leroy jenkins the rest of the way and hope for the best. there are some creative boss battles in this game, but be prepared for some of the cheapest kills last lvl Sad anyway, the co-op is a different story. it makes thing much easyer and is very fun.the game is short, but will add hours to the game depending on how good you are. theres no online (bummer) but all in all, a good game well worth the ten bucks.

gameplay: this game lets you use the wii remote, or classic controller.using both controllers depends on you. the classic controller is fun and intuitive, i recomend it for new comers or casuals. the wii remote on the other hand makes series veterans feel right at home. i got some real nostalgia after playing with the wii remote. both controls are fluid and easy and fun.

presentation:the game looks great. 2-d sprites of the characters are detailed, the enviornments look wartorn, to futuristic, to inside a lab. and this might dicourage you, but i wouldnt have it any other way. the music knows when the situation gets intence and it adds to the adrenaline its catchy and fits with the lvls your playing in.

THE VIRDICT: I give this game a 4/5. its loads of fun with great music and game play the few gripes i have keep this downloadable title from being perfect, but worth the money

(thanks for viewing, this is my first review i hope you likes it ) -trago:)

trago
GameBoy
GameBoy

Back to top Go down