The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3D Dot Game Heros Review

2 posters

Go down

3D Dot Game Heros Review Empty 3D Dot Game Heros Review

Post by YGT Mon May 17, 2010 6:47 pm

Presentation: (10)

This game has top notch presentation, the 8 bit brought into stunning 3d with the graphics of the ps3 on its side i mean come on who is gonna resits that, its just truley as its finest very well done. Its mix of old school zelda and modern day machanics is perfectly done.

Gameplay: (10)

Now dont let the childish looks of this game make you think your gonna fly by this game with ease because your sadly mistaken, this game starts out decently simple and gradually ups the difficulty, the bosses you play, the dunguns, enemies, and puzzles get much harder as u progress but with patience, u will get it (cougheventuallycough).

If there was one thing i really hated about the old zelda was the sword. Sometimes u would swing at an enemie but they suddenly turn direction and u completely miss, well in this game you turn your sword in a full 360 degree which makes things much better, and not to metion how your sword its on steriods when you have full health, the sword it selve can be upgraded so that it can be incresed by length and width and even making it so that your sword is stronger, not to mention the different swords you can buy. The tools they give you as well like the boomerang, grapling hook ect are also just as fun to use in this game. This game also has some humor in it, and its actually pretty funny this game completely makes fun of it selve especially at the begining. Pay attention to what they say cause there are some funny moments in this game.

One of my fav parts of the game in the creator mode were you can make your own 8 bit hero with the tools they give you, and with a little time and patience you can relly make something cool like copy a character from tv, games, ect or just completely make something insaine. But if your not really into that they give you a larfe selection of characters with different strengths and weaknesses. You can also change your character when you start your game so dont worry if you dont like your character anymore.

Graphics (8 )

Now graphics arent all that, but then again graphics arent what this game is about its the gameplay, but still the graphics in this game are charming and pleasing to look at, the water effects are amazing, and the 8 bit goodness is just plain awesome there really is NOTHING like this, but obviously it doesnt go up to par with heavy weights such as uncharted 2 and killzone 2.

Replay Value (10)

There is a crap load of content to do in this game. All the super addicting side quest to leveling up your sword till it fills up the screen is just good old fun! The game i believe is about 20 hours, not including all the extras you can do in this game which would run you to about 40 hours tops in this game. There is another mode also in this game called Spelunker Mode now this mode defines the phrase "Hardcore" in this mode if you take 1 hit ur dead, now that will defiatly be eating up people times at least for the ones crazy enough to try it because to me this seems nearly impossible (its not impossible but SHIT THATS GOTTA BE HARD) btw IF YOU BEAT THIS GAME HONESTLY ON SPELUNKER MODE U HAVE CRAZY MAD PROPS FROM ME.

Price Value (10)

At 39.99 your getting an amazing game that has quite a challenge to it, a 20 hour story, another 20 hours worth of extras to do, not mentioning the spelunker mode with will probably take the average human 500 years to beat, your looking at a game you dont want to miss.

My Final Verdict (9.5)

This game is easily one of the best games i have played this year and one of the funnest games i have played in a while, there is nothing like this game, and sadly there probably wont be one like this for a while but hey i cant predict the futur but ill tell u this I WANT 3D DOT GAME HEROS 2. If you have the money i promise you u will love it, no u wont like it ur gonna love it if u dont then there is something wrong with you. jk
YGT
YGT
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

3D Dot Game Heros Review Empty Re: 3D Dot Game Heros Review

Post by Jacques7Chef Mon May 17, 2010 8:17 pm

Are there customizable levels? This game definitely looks as though it should have them.
Jacques7Chef
Jacques7Chef
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by YGT Tue May 18, 2010 4:18 pm

Jacques7Chef wrote:Are there customizable levels? This game definitely looks as though it should have them.

no they dont but that seems like a cool idea, hopefully if there is a 3D Dot Game Heros 2 they include that which i highly doubt
YGT
YGT
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down