The Wii Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Homebrew Thread (Until Someone Makes a Homebrew Section)

+7
SoaringDive
Jade789119
Invaderzzim
Godwind
nintendorocks
NextGen247
LightyKD
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Homebrew Thread (Until Someone Makes a Homebrew Section) Empty The Homebrew Thread (Until Someone Makes a Homebrew Section)

Post by LightyKD Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:27 pm

NOTE: I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANYTHING THAT YOU DO. YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. DON'T FRET I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING IN MY POWER TO MAKE THIS BRICK PROOF. THE FILES ARE NOW READY. IF YOU PLAN TO DO THIS DO NOT DEVIATE FROM THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.

OK, This thread is the Homebrew thread. at least until someone makes a Homebrew section. I'm going to kick things off with some bits of information, following that I would love to see some constructive conversation.

-- Getting started and Installing the Homebrew Channel --

The HomeBrew Channel (commonly referred to as HBC) is what you will use to run all of your hacks. It is the base of hacking your Wii. BootMii is a system menu apart from the Wii menu. You can load to this in the event of a brick and recover from any damage.

Things you'll need:
1) SD card (formatted as FAT or FAT32).
2) Computer with internet (yay you have this one if you're reading this).
3) A Wii with internet VERY required.
4) The Files I provide... (You can get from the following link... http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YUP3GX3R)
5) A Nintendo GameCube controller (To navigate BootMii... the Power and Reset buttons on the Wii System can be used also but a GameCube controller makes thing 10x easier)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steps:
01 * Backup EVERTHING on your SD card to your PC and clear your card.
02 * If you are using a cleared card or a new card ignore the first step
03 * Download the files from this link... http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YUP3GX3R
04 *Extract the file. Now take everything from the new extracted folder and drop it to the root of your card. Do NOT stick the files in a folder on your card, the hack will not work that way.
05 * Insert the SD card into your Wii and power it on if not already.
06 * Click on the Wii icon, then to Data Management, then Channels, and SD at the top. You should get a pop up message asking if you wish to install the boot.elf.
07 * Let this load and Press 1 when prompted.
08 * If you have a newer Wii, you will only be allowed to install BootMii as an IOS (this is ok).
09 * Click continue.
10 * If you are able to install BootMii as boot2, do so. If not, just install it as an IOS.
11 * Next get back to where you just were and install the HomeBrew Channel (this is included in the BootMii hack).
12 * You can install DVDx if you like would like to watch DVD'
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After you finish with the installs you should exit out to the Homebrew Channel, a nice blue menu, just press the home button to exit out to the Wii Menu. If you installed BootMii as an IOS, do yourself a favor and make sure that when you press the "Home" button that there is a "Start BootMii" option. Please check (by clicking) that option and see if BootMii is properly working on your system. If you click the BootMii option, you should be sent to a white screen with four icons. Simply exit out by clicking "A" on the "Wii" icon.

IF, you installed BootMii as "Boot2", exit out of the HBC as normal and turn off your system. Turn it back on with your BootMii card inside and if all is well, you will be sent to the BootMii menu. Here's the catch. If you want to turn on your Wii directly to the "Wii Menu", from now on you must turn on your system without the current SD card (the one with all of the BootMii stuff) inside and then insert if after entering the "Wii Menu". Currently, there is no option in BootMii to skip a Bootmii start up when a BootMii SD card is inside
MAJOR NOTE: If BootMii does NOT work (Black Screen) after checking from either method then (with your SD card inserted) repeat steps 6 - 9 and uninstall BootMii but DO NOT uninstall DVDx and the Homebrew Channel. One of my friends is having a problem where BootMii loads to a black screen and will do nothing else. If this is happening to you, uninstall BootMii. You can still have your Wii softmodded (If you already have the HBC installed, it is) but you will be without brick protection. DON'T FRET I will provide save methods for certain things. As long as you DON'T install random wad files from different people all over the web I promise that your Wii will be safe. Play it cool and use only things that look professional and have multiple people confirming that it works. READ READ READ, It will SAVE your Wii's life.

From here on out you have a few options if you feel like playing backups on your Wii, playing with emulators or using certain apps. If I were you I would avoid using Preloader. It has a few bugs that are annoying. As long as you backup your NAND with Bootmii on a weekly basis, you should be fine. I will return with a backup loading FAQ.

-- Backing up Your NAND (ONLY for users who have successfully installed BootMii) --

This step is not mandatory, but will allow you to restore your Wii in case of a brick with future softmodding. It is highly recommended. (I do it once a week =^_^=)

Things you'll need:
1) SD card from the previous step when you installed BootMii (will also need at least 528MB of free space on the card)
If you put the SD card back into your computer, there should now be a BootMii folder present on the root. This is the only folder you need to keep there at the moment

2) A GameCube controller if you had to install BootMii as IOS (no longer required for BootMiiv3, but for anyone using v2 I'll leave this here)

Steps:

* Put the SD card in your Wii. For folks that installed as boot2, just make sure the BootMii folder is on the root of your SD card and restart your Wii. Continue 4 steps down.

(IOS Installed Users START HERE)* Start the Homebrew Channel
* Press the Home button on your Wii remote.
* Press Launch BootMii.

(Boot 2 Users START HERE)* Your Wii will restart to a new menu. This is BootMii.
You will need a GameCube controller to use this screen if you installed as IOS (BootMii v2 or lower). If you installed as boot2 or BootMii v3 or greater, you can use the buttons on your Wii (power = move, reset = select, and eject = eject) to navigate.
* Go over to the little gears and press A.
* Click on the icon with the arrow pointing from the chip to the SD card.
* Follow the steps on the screen-- press start, then A to begin the dump.
* This will take about 7-10 minutes depending on the speed of your SD card.

You now have a NAND backup of your Wii in case anything awful happens and you get a bricked Wii. Make a copy of this nand.bin and save it somewhere safe. You can remove it from your SD card as well, as you probably won't use it very often.
Note: If you need to restore your NAND, do the same thing to get to BootMii and options, but instead of clicking the icon with the picture of the chip to the SD card-- click the one with SD card to chip. Follow the instructions from there.
LightyKD
LightyKD
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

http://lightykd.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

The Homebrew Thread (Until Someone Makes a Homebrew Section) Empty Re: The Homebrew Thread (Until Someone Makes a Homebrew Section)

Post by NextGen247 Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:52 pm

I just used BlackBusters video I think its the same thing as youve been saying
NextGen247
NextGen247
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

The Homebrew Thread (Until Someone Makes a Homebrew Section) Empty Re: The Homebrew Thread (Until Someone Makes a Homebrew Section)

Post by LightyKD Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:46 am

...probably is I'll have a "Backup Loader" tutorial up later so if anyone had installed the HBC with my tutorial, hang on to the files I provided.
LightyKD
LightyKD
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by nintendorocks Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:06 am

STUPID CONDUIT HACKERS
nintendorocks
nintendorocks
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by LightyKD Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:32 am

nintendorocks wrote:STUPID CONDUIT HACKERS

Please don't troll. This thread is not about hacking games. Aside from getting a softmod on to a Wii the only hacks that will ever be talked about by me will be NAND hacks. In example, hacks that allow for your "Disc Channel" to be region free and ones that allow for you to backup your WiFi enabled game save files to your SD card. I don't deal in "Ocarina Hack" or any other hacks that affect gameplay, online or off nor do I condone them so one final time, DO NOT TROLL THIS THREAD. Now if you feel like bringing meaningful conversation to this thread, you are more than welcome Smile
LightyKD
LightyKD
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

The Homebrew Thread (Until Someone Makes a Homebrew Section) Empty Backup Loading Tutorial

Post by LightyKD Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:04 am

-- BACKUP LOADING TUTORIAL --

OK it's time for my backup loading tutorial...

NOTE: You NEED to have your Wii connected to the Internet, and 500 blocks open. This is EXTREMELY important

1) Head back to the HomeBrew Channel

2) Click on the "4.1 Menu Firmware Updater_4.1" icon. (Sorry, there's no picture icon but if you read the description, you will be able to find it)

3)(NEEDS A INTERNET CONNECTED WII) Follow the instructions and installed Waninkoko's modified system menu 4.1

NOTE: There may be a few options that the installer will ask you, please IM me and ask about those so that I may be able to add detail to this tutorial

4)(NEEDS A INTERNET CONNECTED WII) When install is done, head back to the Homebrew Channel and click "4.0 Menu cIOS36_rev8-Installer"(This one also does not have a picture icon... sorry) Follow the instructions and DO A NETWORK INSTALL

5) After the install is done, head back to the Homebrew Channel and click "4.0 Menu IOS60 installer" (This one also does not have a picture icon... sorry) Follow the instructions and install

NOTE: There may be a few options that the installer will ask you, please IM me and ask about those so that I may be able to add detail to this tutorial

6) Once that installer is done, head back to the homebrew channel and click on "cIOSCORP_v3.3_Main_Installer". (This program has a with icon that has the words "cIOSCORP v3.3 installer da_letter_a")

7) Go ahead and install cIOSCORP, if half the "install lines" have "error" after them, it's OK. I'm on a Mac so when I place files on the SD card they tend to show up twice in certain programs. Don't fret just remember to not install anything that looks like this "_filename"

Cool After Cioscorp is installed, head back to the "HomeBrew Channel" and go to the "Wad Manager". The Wad managers are easy to find, they're at the end of the list had have blue icons. Click the one that says wad manager 1.3 or 1.5

9) within the Wad Manager, install the following files...

-- NOTE: If the following files are doubled on the screen, DO NOT attempt to install the double that has the underscore in front of the name --

"cIOS56-64-v5146-rev14.wad" ... This gets Guitar Hero 5 to work
"CIOSBUGFIX55.wad"... This allows for the multiplayer menu in The Conduit to NOT lag

10) Head back to the HomeBrew Channel and click on "cMIOS_rev3-Installer" (Sorry, no fancy icon here... just read the file names to to find it)

11) Follow the instructions for this installer. (DO A NETWORK INSTALL)

12) head back to the home brew channel and click on "Startpatch 4.1" (It has a red white and blue logo, not hard to find)

13) READ BELOW!!!

Start Patch is a group of hacks that 1) will allow for you to play your backups from the disc channel without your system asking to update 2) gives you extra functionality like the ability to copy your wifi saves 3) lets you region free your system

INSTALL THE FOLLOWING HACKS THAT HAVE A (*) BESIDE THEM. (X) means DO NOT INSTALL and (-) means, it's your choice

(*) Remove NoCopy Protection -1/5

(*) Remove NoCopy Protection -2/5

(*) Remove NoCopy Protection -3/5

(*) Remove NoCopy Protection -4/5

(*) Remove NoCopy Protection -5/5

(*) region free channels SD

(*) region free channels -1/3

(*) region free channels -2/3

(*) region free channels -3/3

(*) skip update check

(*) remove diag disc check

(X) press Y NGC-PAD 1rt port (Don't install)

(X) region free wii Disc (DO NOT INSTALL THIS ONE. THIS HACK INTERFERES WITH GC GAMES SHOWING ON THE DISC CHANNEL)

(*) region free wii -1/3

(*) region free wii -2/3

(*) region free wii -3/3

(X) Force Disc Region (Edited 09/29/2009: I found out that using this code interferes with some games loading from the disc channel.)

(-) no menu bg music

(-) No health check

(-) Move Disc Channel

14) Now that you're done installing Start Patch hacks, you are set to play till your heart's content. I WILL NOT tell you where you can get Wii and GameCube iso files from but at least you know how to play your backups Very Happy Have Fun!

Last edited by LightyKD on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Startpatch 4.1 hack issue)
LightyKD
LightyKD
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by nintendorocks Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:43 am

i like the dvd bit but i hate people using it to hack
nintendorocks
nintendorocks
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by LightyKD Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:42 am

nintendorocks wrote:i like the dvd bit but i hate people using it to hack

I totally agree with you. That's why the only hack you will see me talk about are the ones listed above. They have nothing to do with gameplay they're just enhancements to the game console. Its annoying when people cheat in games.
LightyKD
LightyKD
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by LightyKD Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:26 am

I edited the backup loading tutorial a bit, from now on DO NOT use the "Force Disc Region" hack in "Startpatch 4.1". Also, if you have not updated your Wii to system menu 4.2, DONT DO IT! Updating to 4.2 will nix your ability to use homebrew.
LightyKD
LightyKD
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by LightyKD Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:00 pm

If you updated your Wii, before installing homebrew onto it and you would like to join the ranks, you are in luck! Comex has just released a new version of his bannerbomb hack...

1) First, download the files from the link below and place them on a empty SD card.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YUP3GX3R

2) Download the file in the following link (and extract) and replace the "Private" folder on the SD card with this new one
http://qoid.us/aad6a_v.zip

3) Instead of heading to the data management screen, head to the "SD Menu" and the exploit should do its magic!
LightyKD
LightyKD
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by Godwind Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:13 pm

Thanks for the info mate. Didn't realize you could back up your console.

Godwind
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by LightyKD Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:54 pm

Godwind wrote:Thanks for the info mate. Didn't realize you could back up your console.

No problem! Very Happy I backup my system on a weekly basis. Considering that the Wii's NAND can only take so many writes before it starts to deteriorate, its important that people start backing up their things.
LightyKD
LightyKD
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by Invaderzzim Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:53 pm

I'd rather die than hack my wii

Invaderzzim
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by LightyKD Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:09 pm

Invaderzzim wrote:I'd rather die than hack my wii

OK then, don't hack your Wii. Nobody is forcing you to do a thing. My threads are only made for those of us who like to push their consoles beyond what Nintendo gives up. Please don't go trolling every Homebrew thread. You may not like Wii hacking because of people who play with codes over WiFi connection but not every Wii modder is a online cheater and note, NOT ONCE have I talked about Ocarina and how to use Ocarina Codes in online games. That should go to show you that I'm not fond of online cheaters either.
LightyKD
LightyKD
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:11 pm

i wont hack my wii but im impressed on how much more the wii can achieve.
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by SoaringDive Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:44 am

Just a question, in the 4.2 tut, do you put the 2nd step into the root of the SD or inside the Wii Softmod (I'm doing this for DVDs)
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by LightyKD Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:34 pm

soaringdive wrote:Just a question, in the 4.2 tut, do you put the 2nd step into the root of the SD or inside the Wii Softmod (I'm doing this for DVDs)

Take the files from the first step and place them in your SD card's root. Now because you're moding a 2.4 system, you DONT want the "Private" folder that comes with the files from step 1 so replace that folder with the one provided in the link for step 2
LightyKD
LightyKD
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by SoaringDive Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:02 pm

Ok. I'll try tomorow since it's late tonight and I'mma got school tomorrow.
SoaringDive
SoaringDive
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by LightyKD Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:44 pm

For those of you who have updated to 4.2 and need system menu hacks (i.e. "The no copy protection for save files nixed" or "region free gaming"), start Patch 4.2 is out. You can pick it up from here...

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?momryjjfiwx
LightyKD
LightyKD
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by nintendorocks Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:50 pm

this is going to dye because nintendo are killing it with anti homebrew software but the good news is it will KILL THOSE FUCKING CONDUIT HACKERS

Last edited by nintendorocks on Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
nintendorocks
nintendorocks
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by LightyKD Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:30 pm

nintendorocks wrote:this is going to dye because nintendo are killing it with anti homebrew software but the good news is it will KILL THOSE FUCKING CONDUIT HACKERS

DUDE! Stop trolling my threads! We all know you hate online hackers. And By the way, Nintendo updates arent stopping homebrew. There are already new ways around the latest update. NOT EVERY HOMEBREWER CHEATS IN ONLINE GAMES! If you don't like homebrew so much, then stay away from my threads. It's that easy.
LightyKD
LightyKD
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade789119 Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:17 pm

i donno how to get the fulll vid here but i guess its pretty funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jfoiurjfWI&feature=related
Jade789119
Jade789119
Next Gen
Next Gen

Back to top Go down

Post by LightyKD Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:58 pm